Accelerated Agile: From Months to Minutes
6 March, Scandic Opalen
Formula 1 drivers don’t just drive faster than you, they drive differently. Accelerated Agile practitioners use different rules, based on the core principles of agile but taken to another level, to deliver in hours and days what regular teams can only achieve in weeks or months.
Accelerated Agile is a course for experienced agile practitioners who are frustrated with the pseudo-science of agile planning and estimation, the social pressure to automate where it doesn’t add any value, the artificial commitment of sprints and the unwelcome surprises that still derail their projects. You will learn new techniques that both enhance and replace existing agile practices, some of which are counter-intuitive and many which are completely counter to current Agile doctrine. This is not a course for beginners!
Using a mixture of discussion, instruction and exploration you will learn new techniques for development and testing, operations, automation and team dynamics, as well as working with legacy systems and integrating with third parties. Using these techniques you and your teams will deliver business solutions faster than they thought possible. You’ll never look at TDD the same way again, not to mention copying-and-pasting code.
What you will learn
- How to challenge the received wisdom of established Agile methods
- How to design and architect for rapid and sustainable delivery
- Why understanding risk and embracing uncertainty are at the heart of faster delivery
- How to manage build, release and operations
- How systems thinking can help you plan effectively and estimate accurately
- How to identify and reduce gaps in your testing strategy
- How to engage with legacy systems and integrating with third parties
- How to manage different levels of skill and experience within a team
Praise for Accelerated Agile
- “one of the best courses I have ever attended, if not the best!”
- “really interesting with good discussions and lots of relevant information”
- “[not using slides] made the course flow in a neat and agile way”
Dan North is a technology and organisational consultant helping CIOs, business and software teams to deliver quickly and successfully. He believes in putting people first and finding simple, pragmatic solutions to business and technical problems, often using lean and agile techniques. He finds most technology problems are really about communication and feedback, which explains his interest in organisational design, systems thinking and how people learn. He has been coding, consulting and coaching for over 20 years, and he occasionally blogs at http://dannorth.net/blog.